Sunday, June 14, 2009

Walgreens Woes

Went to Walgreens today to buy several items one of which was the St. Ive's body wash. Since it was a $1.50 money maker I planned on buying 4. However, the store only had 3. So I march up to the counter with my items. I tell the cashier (Billie) that I will be doing several transactions and she says "Fine, a lady was just here and did 15." I was surprised to hear that and was making small talk when I plopped down my three bottles, handed over my coupons and waited for the big $9 Register Rewards to print. Well, to my surprise only $3.00 printed and that's when Billie said, "Oooooh no. You have to do individual transactions to get all of the RR." I was thinking to myself, "thanks for explaining that...."

So after returning ALL the items and starting over, I did get my $9.00, but wanted to pass along this new policy information!!!

I also learned (while reading the comment on Southern Savers...learned that there is always valuable information there!!) a new trick for cheap fillers!! If you use a Walgreen's coupon on an item then that item can be used as a filler. So, today I bought 3 boxes of Kraft Mac and Cheese and used the Walgreen's coupon and was still able to use 3 RR because the Mac and Cheese acted as my 3 fillers.

The moral of this story is that I much prefer CVS. Their policy seems to be much easier than Walgreens and I don't feel as stupid there as I do at Walgreens!!!

No comments: