Monday, February 11, 2008

Disney on Superbowl Sunday

I know this post is rather dated, but with life being so hectic, oh well:)

About a year ago I heard on the radio that a great time to visit Disney World was on Superbowl Sunday. The caller said there were no lines and hardly any people. So since we have the yearly passes, I logged this into my memory and reminded my husband of it a couple of weeks ago.

Well, the caller must have been calling on April Fool's Day and I missed the punch line! We arrived an hour after opening and my first clue should have been the parking. But we had made the almost 2 hour drive, so we were going in! The lines just to get in were rather long and that wasn't a good sign. After fighting the crowds, we finally made it to Dumbo (since that line is ALWAYS long) only to find a 30 minute wait. So I stayed in line with my dh and dd had three buckets of popcorn (and I'm not kidding). 45 minutes later we finally got on our 2 minute Dumbo ride...at least my dd was happy.

Next we went over to It's A Small World...thinking that the lines are never long. WRONG! At this point my dh says "Forget it, we are leaving" and we start to head out. Then our dd says, "But I want to see the pirates." So off we go, fighting the crowds again only to discover the line outside and weaving for Pirates Of The Caribbean. Now, I have to tell you, I have been to Disney more times than I can count and I have NEVER seen a line like that. So after seeing that line, I agreed it was time to go and we left.

Our poor dd was heartbroken, though. But at least we have the passes and are going back this week...my fingers are crossed:)

No comments: