Sunday, February 3, 2008

I.C.E. In Your Phone?

So perhaps I am the LAST person on earth to hear of I.C.E., but I thought I would still blog about it! The other night my sis, Kate, told me about putting I.C.E. (In Case of Emergency) numbers in your phone. At first I thought she was going to tell me about some new device they've come out with, but I was pleasantly surprised with what she told me! It is recommened that you have emergency contact numbers in your phone in case you're ever in accident and can't make a phone call. She said that it takes authorities an average of 5 hours to contact family. So, if you have reprogrammed an I.C.E. number, then they will know who to call immediately!

So, I guess this is one more thing I've learned this week and one more thing to add to my "to do" list. And if you haven't done it already, I encourage you to enter an ICE number into your cell and talk to your friends and family about it as well!

No comments: